Wednesday, May 25, 2011

1 Pattern, Seven Bloggers - Week 4

Ooh only 1 more week and we will be posting our finished dresses!!! That means I better get my act into gear otherwise I won't have a dress to post about. This week we are meant to be creating a tutorial about some of the methods/techniques we have used to make our dresses. The problem is I have actually used a few tutorials myself in aid of making this dress so it seemed redundant to write a tutorial for something that someone else has already written a very impressive one for. So instead I am going to share the tutorials that I have chosen to use for my dress.

Firstly, this french seams tutorial from Colette Patterns. Lately I have been trying to take as much care with the inside of my garments as I do with the outside. I know I am the only one that sees it but it makes me feel good knowing my garments look just as professional from the inside as they do from the outside.






I will also be using this bow belt tutorial which was posted by Tilly and the Buttons ages ago.


I love bows and I am really looking forward to making a belt that I will be able to wear with


this dress as well as with other dresses that I make in the future.






And lastly I will be making a peter pan collar for my dress using this tutorial from BYOV. I really like peter pan collars but all the dresses I find with them have high necklines which can make me look huge so I have wanted to make my own for ages. I love this tutorial but I don't think I will make my collar scalloped. Decisions, decisions!!!



Well I guess I better get started on my dress now since I only have 1 week left. Eeek!!! Wish me luck!!!

5 comments:

  1. Perfect timing for this post! I forgot that Colette Patterns had this tutorial and I decided to use french seams for my sheer tunic I want to make this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I can't wait to see the finished product :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I particularly love the peter pan collar, I'll be trying that out for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the peter pan collar will look super cute on the scooped neckline. I agree about high necklines - they look terrible on me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Glad you liked the peter pan collar tutorial. I was just wearing that tank the other day, in some miserable heat, haha. At least my clothing looked good ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx