Saturday, May 21, 2011

Forgotten Projects

This morning I was hit with a strong urge to knit something. So my first point of call was ravelry! I love this website. It has so many patterns to choose from and most of them are free. I also love that you can read other people's feedback on the patterns before you make them and learn from their mistakes. Anyway, while I was on ravelry I realised I made two things before I left that I never posted on my old blog so I thought I would share them here.

The first is a beanie I made for myself to take to Europe. I didn't take any proper photos of it before we left and still haven't so here is one of me wearing it while in line to see the Vatican. Not the best photo but oh well.

Russet Beanie

Yarn: Spotlight Basics Empire in Russet
Time Taken: 1 day
Actual Knitting Time: 2 hours

This was so super quick to knit! I started it while watching the end of Harry Potter and finished it while watching an episode of Dexter. One of the quickest things I have ever knitted and it turned out perfect. Love it!

The second item I forgot to share is the scarf that I made for my sister to her birthday. Again I forgot to take any detail shots of it before I gave it to my sister so you get one of her wearing it instead. This was our very first day in London when we went out sightseeing.

Big Ben

Pattern: Hello New York Scarf by Pickles
Yarn: Moda Vera Cupcake in Pumpkin
Time Taken: 3 weeks
Actual Knitting Time: I can't remember.

This again was super easy to make! It took a little while longer than the beanie because it was so long but apart from that it was a simple knit. Hayley loved it and she wore it quite a bit during our trip to Europe.

Now I am really in the mood to do some knitting. Some things I am hanging to make are.....




all patterns via Pickles.

1 comment:

  1. I'm working on that cardigan right now and hate the way the pattern is written...wrote a few notes on my ravelry page if you want to see!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx