Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Lolly Buffet

For our wedding in November we decided to have a lolly buffet because I am a lolly fiend! We looked into getting someone to make one for us so we didn't have to worry about it but the cost was phenomenal. So in the end we decided to just do it ourselves. We bought the last of our jars on the weekend so I thought I would take a picture of it all set up so I had an idea of what it would look like on the day.

Lolly Buffet

After taking the photo I decided I want one more thing. I want a square glass platter to put in the middle with some heart shaped chocolates on it. There will also be a small photo frame in the middle that will have a little poem in it. All the jars came from Spotlight, The Reject Shop, Ikea, Target and Hot Dollar. I also need to get some scoops and tongs. I have found some scoops on Ebay that I think I will get. So far I have only spent $200 on all my jars plus my noodleboxes. Considering one place wanted to charge us $1200 for a lolly buffet for 120 people I think we can safely say we will save money this way. So what do you think? Will it look alright?

*edit - the lolly buffet will be on a white trestle table with a white tablecloth and white skirting with yellow swagging.

10 comments:

  1. what colour scheme is it going to be? what tablecloth will you have??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like "apothecary" jars, at least that is what I heard them referred to, they remind me of candy! Also, what a great idea for you wedding, very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the different jars and dishes, a tablecloth would look lovely, and what about some wine glass charms around the bottom of the glasses with feet? They can look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your selection of glasses, especially those 3 middle ones. I can't wait to see photos of when it's all set up! Have you thought about adding levels? Like, have your table cloth laid out, then put some boxes or something flat and sturdy at different heights (maybe for the far back glasses?) and then lay out another table cloth to cover the boxes. Kinda like a display you would see at a craft fair or something. I'm probably not describing this properly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting getting everything ready. Your lolly table will look stunning, I can just imagine all those jars full of brightly coloured treats!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is going to look great - the colour scheme sounds great and I like Melissa's idea of a few levels:)

    Not long now:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that the platter will finish it off nicely - I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can't write a post like this and NOT tell which lollies you are using :p
    hmmm I'm salivating just thinking about it! it is going to look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kat...Target has some really tall ones like the one in the middle (thinner and longer) on sale at the moment for $8 each, if you felt like having a couple more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for the ideas on where to get more jars ... I am too getting married in November and having a lolly buffet. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx