Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer Wedding Dress

Thank you to everyone who made pattern suggestions for me yesterday. The general consensus was Vogue 1094 which I think will be perfect!

The bodice is pretty much perfect. The only change I think I would like to make is to make the waist sit a little higher. Drop waists do not work well on me. Also I think I will change the skirt from a gathered skirt to a more a-line skirt to match the original dress. You can see in the photo below that the coral dress has two pleats on either side where the back only has one pleat either side. I am not sure whether to try and find a pattern for a skirt like this or to just draft one myself.
Decisions, decisions!!! Now all I need to do is figure out what colour I want to make it in. I am thinking a nice royal blue or even a kelly green. I do love this version of the dress which I found yesterday...

polka dots and pup

It is by Vintage Laura who by the looks of things does not have a blog but you can check out all her sewing creations in her flickr photostream.

1 comment:

  1. That spotted dress is fantastic! I can't wait to see what you make. I'm sure it will be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx