Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Wedding Guestbook

The guestbook was something that we thought about for ages. We had so many ideas of what to do on the wedding day but no idea what we do with them after the wedding. We discussed a quilt but I know my lack of sewing motivation with big projects would cause that to just sit in the sewing room for years afterwards. We thought about a fingerprint tree but I didn't like the idea of people wandering around with green ink on their fingers that could get on everything. We even thought about just not having one. But then we were at Corey's sisters house one day and we were reading through her wedding guestbook and it was quite cute to read so we decided to just have a relatively normal guestbook.

Wedding Guestbook

We ordered this photo book from Big W which we were able to make on the net with our engagement photos. It was really easy and fun to make!

Wedding Guestbook

We left heaps of white space around all of the photos so there is plenty of space for our guests to write. And the best thing was that it only cost us $30! We are trying to save money wherever possible with this wedding. I have been pretty lucky in grabbing some bargains. I might even do a cost breakdown after the wedding so you can see where I saved.

Guestbook Table Sign

And for a last added touch we made this sign for the guestbook table. Just a little something to add a bit of colour. This will probably sit with the guestbook and the wishing well on one table. If you can't read it here is a closer photo.

Guestbook Table Sign

I really feel like we are getting somewhere with this wedding. We managed to cross a few things off the list last weekend and there are not that many more to do so fingers crossed we will have it all done soon. I want everything done so the last month before the wedding is not too crazy. Hopefully it all works out the way I hope!

edit: as this post seems to get a lot of spam comments I have decided to turn off comments for this post to save me the headache of having to filter through them daily.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet idea! And so affordable (My mumma in law says I can't use the 'c' word, as cheap sounds nasty). Loving these posts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it ... and may just have to copy it (if you don't mind)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for publishing this article is very interesting for me and the Internet

    ReplyDelete