Monday, November 7, 2011

Unicorn Beanie

This weekend I was finally able to gift one of my knitting projects to its recipient and now I can share it with you.  My darling friend Maria from Movie Mazzupial and I share the same birthday and I wanted to knit her something this year.  Unfortunately, I was a bit slow and didn't get it finished in time so I had to give it to her this weekend at my hen's party (more on that to come in another post).  Maria is a massive fan of unicorns and purple so I made her a unicorn beanie.

Maria's Unicorn Beanie

I did a bit of googling and couldn't find a pattern specifically for a unicorn beanie that I really liked so I made up my own.  I used this earflap beanie pattern and then this cone pattern.  With the cone pattern I started with 36 stitches and did a few extra decrease rows to make it bigger.  For the ears I used the ears from this pattern.  The mane was quite simple but time consuming.  All I did was cut strips of yarn double the length that I wanted the mane and then I double them over and used a crochet hook to pull the loop end through the beanie and then the loose ends through the loop.  That is probably not a very good explanation and I would be happy to do a tutorial but it will have to wait until after the wedding.

Maria's Unicorn Beanie

So that is how I made the lovely Maria a unicorn beanie.  I forgot to get a photo of her wearing it so here is one I cropped down of here from the hen's party.

Maria's Unicorn Beanie

OMG it's wedding week!!! I am freaking out already and it is only Monday morning.  Not sure what my posting will be like this week.  I do have a few things to share but not sure if I will have time.  Let's just wait and see how I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx