Monday, December 5, 2011

Deck The Halls


Christmas Tree

On December 1st we have a tradition of putting up the Christmas tree, watching The Grinch and baking cookies.  We were thinking of changing our Christmas tree this year but since we only have used ours once we figured it would be a waste of money.  I wanted to get a white one and do rainbow decorations but instead we stuck with what we already had.  Maybe in a few years we will change it up!
Christmas Tree

I love our Christmas tree! We bought it from Big W last year for $20 and it is the bushiest fake Christmas tree I have ever seen.  All our decorations came from either Big W, Kmart, Target or Myer (on sale).  There are also a couple we got as gifts.  This year I am hoping to make a few to add to the tree but it depends if I get time.  Christmas is fast approaching so I might run out of time before I get a chance.

Christmas Cookies

This year I was super prepared and made sugar cookie dough before going to work in the morning so all we had to do was cut them out and bake them that night.  I made Christmas trees and snow flakes and iced them with royal icing.  These were super easy to make!  I took them to work the next day to share around the office and everyone loved them.

Christmas Cookies

The snowflake cookie cutters I got a few years ago in a Christmas themed apron swap and this is the first time I have used them.  The come in a few different sizes but I used the smaller ones so I could get more out of the dough.

Christmas Cookies

I really love Christmas! It is one of my favourite times of the year.  December is going to be super busy this year but I really just can't wait for Christmas.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! I can't wait to get our christmas tree this year... we usually buy them real as nothing sings christmas to me like the smell of pine drifting through the house :) I only have to wait until the tenth, not long now!!!
    This is going to be your first christmas as a married woman!!! yay! I'm still coming to terms with the fact that this is my last christmas as a 'Smith". crazy! But i can't wait for what the new year brings.
    Those snowflake cookies look AMAZING! The piping is so clean, they almost look like they'd twinkle :)
    Happy start to the holiday season!
    xErin

    anodetoreverie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look fantastic! I'll have to look up that sugar cookie recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. chick you can come and bake for me any time of the year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree is very pretty and I love the cookies.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx