Friday, January 13, 2012

Sew Weekly - Accessorize

I don't think I have mentioned it on here yet but this year I decided to take part in the Sew Weekly challenge.  Basically, the lovely Mena from The Sew Weekly invited everyone to sign up if they would like to take part in trying to sew 1 item a week for 2012.  Challenges/Themes are posted at the start of each week and you have until Sunday evening to have something sewn up and posted to the Sew Weekly blog.
Wittner Bow Heels

The first challenge was called accessorize and you had to choose an accessory as the inspiration for your garment.  I chose these heels which Corey bought me for Christmas 2 years ago.  The problem is I never wear them because they are so amazing and I just could never find the outfit that was special enough for them.  Corey has been nagging me about wearing them for ages so I knew as soon as this challenge came up they would be my inspiration.

Week 1 - Accessorize

I knew I want to make a nice lace pencil skirt to go with them but at first I envisioned it in a nice grey.  Fate intervened while I was perusing my local Spotlight when this lovely navy lace jumped out at me.  I realised then that navy would compliment the light purple of my shoes perfectly.

Week 1 - accessorize

Here are the nitty gritty details in case you haven't been reading the Sew Weekly blog lately.

Fabric – 1m of Blue Cotton Poplin from Spotlight = $5.99
- 1.5m of Blue Romance Rose Lace from Spotlight = $19.95
Pattern: Simplicity 2605
Year: 2009
Notions: 7″ zipper, thread & 1 hook & eye = $0.99
Time to complete: 3.75 hours
First worn: Sunday, 8th January 2012.
Wear again? Definitely! I am saving this for our next date night to wear out to dinner. (I actually ended up wearing this to work the other day)
Total price: $26.93

7 comments:

  1. This is just darling! The lace is gorgeous and those shoes! *jealous*

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt is so beautiful! and it goes with the shoes perfectly :) It's OK that you wore it to work! You were just wearing it in for date night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe your hubby chose those shoes for you - he has amazing taste!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The skirt is lovely and it goes perfectly with your gorgeous shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some lovely shoes, what a great gift! Your skirt turned out beautifully- you are so talented! They look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this so much!! You inspired me to make a lace over satin skirt for ballroom dancing. I have just put it up on my blog...thank you so much for your inspiration! Love your shoes.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx