Friday, April 27, 2012

White Chocolate & Raspberry Muffins

So our internet went a little wacky this week and the only way I had to post was via my iphone which I can tell you right now I am not exactly skilled at.  I gave it a whirl to post for Anzac Day but I have no idea how to add more than 1 photo or to format my posts so it was a no go for anything more detailed.  Which was a bit of a bummer cause last weekend I made some delicious muffins that I really wanted to show you.

White Chocolate Raspberry Muffins 

This muffin recipe was in the latest Donna Hay magazine but was actually a part of an ad for a car.  A little bit random but they sounded delicious so I gave them a whirl.

White Chocolate Raspberry Muffins

I decided to go a little bit fancy and buy some nice white cafe style muffin cases while I was in Woolworths.  The girls at work were very impressed telling me they looked just like proper muffins from the cafes.  If you are looking for a quick easy but delicious muffin then you must give these a try.  I had to remove them from our household before Corey and I ate the entire batch.  

White Chocolate Raspberry Muffins

White Chocolate & Raspberry Muffins

2 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 cup sour cream
2 eggs
1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
1 cup chopped white chocolate

Preheat oven to 180*C.  Line a 12 cup muffin tin with non stick baking paper making sure the paper is 5mm from the top of the tin.  

Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl.  Add the sugar and stir to combine.  In a seperate bowl combine the sour cream, eggs, lemon rind and oil and whisk together.  Stir through the flour mixture until just combined.  Carefully fold in the raspberries and chocolate and spoon into lined tins.

Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I didn't know you could get those wraps at Woolies. What brand are they?

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx