Firstly I made these delicious White Chocolate & Cranberry Cookies from Sugarlace. These were delicious! I love cookies that are soft and this were the perfect consistency. I halved the recipe because I didn't need need 4.5 dozen cookies. It was all going well until I reached the part where it said 3 eggs and couldn't decide how to split it. I ended up using 2 eggs and the cookies came out perfect.
My very favourite cupcakes are the ones that my mum baked for our wedding cupcakes. The recipe comes from the Crabapple Cupcake Bakery recipe book and they are ridiculously delicious. I think you all need to bake a batch of these this weekend. I like to top them with a basic buttercream icing. Delicious!!!
Scented White Cupcakes by Crabapple Cupcake Bakery
2 3/4 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
200g softened unsalted butter
1 3/4 cups caster sugar
6 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp rose water
1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 170*C. Line muffin pans (makes 24 normal or 48 mini cupcakes)
- Sift together flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl cream the butter for 1-2 mins. Add the castor sugar a third at a time beating for 2 mins after each addition. After the last addition beat until the mixture is light and fluffy and the sugar has almost dissolved. Add egg whites a quarter at a time beating for 1 min after each addition or until light and fluffy. Add vanilla essence and rose water and beat until combined.
- Add a third of the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and beat on low speed until combined. Add half the milk and beat until combined. Repeat process. Add the remaining third of the flour and beat until thoroughly combined. Do not over beat as this will toughen the mixture.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the cupcake cases. For mini cupcakes bake for 13 minutes. For standard cupcakes bake for 18-20 mins. Rest for 30 mins before icing.
These are seriously my favourite cupcakes ever! The only issue I have is that I now have 6 egg yolks waiting to be used. I am thinking of making some lemon curd but if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them.