Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My 1st Teddy Bear

Every baby needs a teddy bear! It's like an unwritten rule or something.  Of course my baby had to have a teddy bear that was specially handmade by me.

Squishy's 1st Teddy Bear

I started working on this ages ago.  On the 26th April to be exact (thank you Ravelry).  I always forget how much I hate making toys until I get to the assembly stage.  The knitting portion goes by quickly but then you have to assemble all those little arms and legs and ears. Yuck!  So this poor teddy sat in pieces on the lounge for a couple of weeks till I finally started picking pieces up and gradually putting it together.
Squishy's 1st Teddy Bear

Teddy was finally finished on 28th May and then the weather turned hideous and gloomy so I couldn't take photos.  Finally on Saturday I just didn't care anymore and decided to snap some photos because I really wanted to share them with you all.  I am so happy with how this little teddy bear turned out. I hope it becomes a favourite toy of Little Miss Squishy and I hope she treasures it forever because I made it for her with all my love.

8 comments:

  1. How lucky is your bub to have a hand made ted?!

    I don't have my first ted, but still have the one I got for my second birthday, he got refurbished for my 21st! There's always a special bond with your ted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh, I know exactly how you feel about assembling toys - I knitted a doll and a snake for my cousins a couple of years ago, and assembling them was one of the most miserable experiences - though I think in my case it was also a bit of not knowing exactly how to do it and then having to re-do it when it was wrong!
    Anyhow, your bear looks amazing, and I'm sure Little Miss Squishy will absolutely love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet she will love it, it's from her mama afterall! Your teddy is absolutely sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cute Kat!

    I have to agree on the toy assembling...I think that's why I don't make toys, even though there are a bunch that I would love to make. But the make up of it all just turns me off! I think I spend more time sewing the toy together than I do knitting it!

    I'm sure your special little girl will love her Teddy to bits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay, could this teddybear be any cuter?!! absolutely adore!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love it too! Great job. Cohen has a hand knitted teddy that I found brand new at an op-shop. We put it in his cot with him from day one, then if we ever stayed the night anywhere else we would bring the teddy along too for comfort. Teddy still sleeps with Cohen every night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, that's so cute. I'm sure she'll treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful gift for your little girl!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx