Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Winter + Soup = Perfection!

One of my favourite things about winter is cooking up batches of soup.  Everytime I see a soup recipe online that sounds tasty I do a mental check of what is in my cupboards to see if I can make it that night. I may be a little bit obsessed.  Most of the recipes that I have been finding lately are hanging out on my pinterest cooking board so I thought I would share some of my soup plans and some of the recipes I have already made so you can all give them a go too.  Click the photos to be taken to the recipes.
The Best Ever Tomato Soup

Chunky Vegetable Soup

Broccoli & Cheese Soup

These three recipes above I have tried and they were all delicious!  The tomato soup was my first time making tomato soup and it was seriously the most delicious tomato soup I have ever tasted.  The middle recipe I would prefer blended up after cooking but I didn't have a blender at the time that I made it.  Next time I will blend it I think.  Broccoli & Cheese soup was something that I had been wanting to try for ages but I wasn't sure if it would be any good.  After I heard a few people talking about it within a couple of weeks I decided to bite the bullet and give it a go.  I am sure glad I did.  It was amazing!

Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup

Cheesy Vegetable Chowder

Quick Chicken & Corn Chowder

These are the next three recipes on my list.  The chicken & corn chowder looks like such a quick and easy recipe to whip up.  I do need to buy a slow cooker though so I can try the first one. We had my sisters when she was living in Europe but we gave it back when she moved to Melbourne.  I think I definitely need one before bub comes along.  I think it will save my sanity!

2 comments:

  1. I love this recipe its quick and yummy. I like to cook the zucchini with the onion so its really soft.

    Chicken and zucchini soup
    Cook 1 chopped brown onion in a large saucepan until soft; add 3 cups chopped cooked chicken, 2 coarsely grated zucchini, 310g can creamed corn, 4 cups chicken stock and ½ cup cream. Stir until heated through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's summertime here but I'm still big into soups despite the heat. Gazspacho is my current favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx