Friday, July 6, 2012

Homemade Muesli Bars

Homemade Muesli Bars 


I was going through all my Donna Hay Kid's magazines a few weeks ago and saw this muesli bar recipe that I really wanted to make.  Finally I have gotten around to making them and I will definitely be making them again.  They are delicious!!!

Homemade Muesli BarsMuesli Bars by Donna Hay

3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup plain flour
2 tbs brown sugar
1 cup sultanas
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup golden syrup
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 160*C,  Place the oats, flour, sugar and sultanas in a bowl and mix well to combine.  Place the honey and golden syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook for 2 minutes or until very runny.  Whisk in the vegetable oil.  Add the honey mixture to the oat mixture and mix well to combine.

Spoon into a greased 20cm x 30cm tin lined with non stick baking paper and flatten with a spoon.  Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden.  Cool and cut into 12 pieces.  Enjoy x

1 comment:

  1. I love homemade muesli bars. I always have trouble spelling muesli though. I'll have to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx