Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!


Happy Halloween!!!  I love Halloween but it's still not very big here in Australia.  It is getting bigger which I am pretty happy about.  I wanted to have a Halloween party for my birthday this year but with the birth of little Imogen it just wasn't possible.  Oh well, maybe next time.  It's amazing that having a birthday 1 week before Halloween I have managed to make it to 25 without ever having a Halloween party.  My main reason for embracing Halloween is the chance to dress up.  I love a good costume and it is the perfect excuse to be someone else for the night.  Here are just a few costumes I have donned in the past.....

costumes 2

Clearly the love started young.  My mum still has this little clown costume packed away at her house.  I can't wait to put it on Imogen one day.

costumes 1

For my 21st I used the occasion to have a dress up party in a Grease theme.  I made my own skirt for this one and it has been passed around a few people I know for various parties.  Then for my friend Mahnee's 21st she had a cartoon character theme and I went as Minnie Mouse.  All I made for this one was the ears from some cardboard and a headband.  The dress was a cheap one my mum found and I wore black mary janes as well.  The last photo is from my sister in laws 18th.  Corey obviously was a cowboy and I was a pirate.  These costumes were great because they were completely made from things in our own wardrobes.  I think all we bought was Corey's hat and my eye patch which both came from a $2 shop.  There is nothing better than homemade costumes or costumes that don't cost you much and cause you to become creative with your own wardrobe.

So are you celebrating Halloween tonight?  What are you dressing up as?  Since I won't be dressing up this year I would love to live vicariously through all of you!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Halloween Kat!!

    I'm not sure if this is the year that my little one will be brave enough to go trick or treating, but that's the plan! Enjoy some sweets! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx