Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Orange Pound Cake

As a part of the apronalong everyone was encouraged to do some baking and share a recipe.  I did some baking but it wasn't ready in time for photos so I am sharing it today instead.

Orange Pound Cake

Lately my cooking has been based on what is in our cupboards already.  I used to find recipes online then duck down to the shops and buy ingredients and whip it up that same day.  It's a bit harder to just pop out to the supermarket these days so I have adapted.  We had a bunch of oranges in the fridge that weren't being eaten so Orange Pound Cake it is.

Orange Pound Cake

I used this recipe and I must say I was very impressed.  It didn't seem like it had a lot of orange in it so I was concerned that the flavour was going to be a bit plain.  I was pleasantly surprised that the flavour was quite strong.  Corey even said that as soon as you opened the container I had it in you could smell the orange really strongly.  If you have oranges that need to be used I would highly recommend this recipe.  My next cooking adventure (when I get time) is going to be oatmeal and raisin cookies to use up the raisins sitting in my cupboard not being eaten.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds delicious. I love orange or lemon flavoured cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it makes you resourceful using what you have on hand and saves lots of money too. Your cake looks very nice, I love a good orange cake recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx