Monday, January 21, 2013

Handmade Gifting

This past week I did a little more gifting of the handmade variety and it was so much fun!  I love making gifts for people and I love watching them receive something that I have put so much effort into.

Angry Bird Pig

The first gift I made was an angry bird pig for my work friend who had a birthday last week.  A few of us girls got together to buy her some gifts but when I saw this pattern I couldn't resist making on to add in.  I am so glad I did because she loved it!  She is a major angry birds fan so this was the perfect thing for her.

Angry Bird Pig

I used this pattern available on ravelry and obviously didn't look at the finished measurements before I started because I didn't realise how big it would turn out.  It ended up being about 5 inches tall.  Despite it's size it was a super quick make.  If you sat down and knocked it out in one go you would probably be able to make it in just a couple of hours.

sparkie the robot crocheted toy sparkie the robot crocheted toy

The next two gifts were both made for my cousin's little boy who is due in 4 weeks.  They had a pool party/baby shower yesterday and it was the perfect way to spend a hot sunday afternoon.  The first gift I made was a crocheted robot using this pattern.  I was so happy with how this turned out.  Corey loved it too and he was a bit bummed when he found out I was giving it away.  He wants me to make another for Imogen.

Monster Lovey Blanket

I also made this little comforter blanket thing to go with the robot.  I was flicking through ravelry when I spotted this pattern and thought it would be the perfect thing to accompany the robot.  This was also a quick make.  The only issue I had was the skip stitch blade I used cut the holes too close together so when I crocheted through them they tore.  Instead I measured around my piece of fleece and made pen marks at my desired interval.  I then used a knitting needle to poke holes at each of the points then I just continued on as the pattern said to.

Monster Lovey Blanket

How can you resist that little face! Isn't it just the cutest. My cousin was pretty impressed with the presents so hopefully his little boy is as well.  I am so excited for him to arrive and to finally meet him.  It feels like his girlfriend has been pregnant forever because they told us quite early.  Stay tuned and within a month or so I should have some cute newborn pics to share.

6 comments:

  1. These are adorable! Wish I knew how to knit or crochet, guess I'll have to learn sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are gorgeous. Very lucky recipients. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are excellent Kat :-) I love the crochet around the edges of the fleece, always wondered how to to do that and you just poke holes in it?!? Great gift ideas x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you are so talented, love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Angry Bird Pig!! My son is all about that pig and would absolutely die for it!! Great job Kat!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx