Monday, January 28, 2013

Home Is Where The Heart Is

I don't know if I mentioned it on here but the house we rent was recently sold.  It sold just before Christmas and we were told the new owners would like us to stay.  Last week we signed a new lease and now that it is definite we are going to be here for at least another 12 months I feel a bit more comfortable making more projects to turn our house into a home.  I think in the past year this house has really started to reflect out style and feel more homely but there is still a lot more I would like to do.  So today I thought I would share with you the last three projects I made for the house.

crochet bobble pot holder crochet bobble pot holder


First up is this adorable bobble crochet holder that I made to add to our cluster wall in the kitchen.  It is yet to be hung as I need to get some more 3m strips but it'll be up shortly.  I have never crocheted bobbles before and they are so much easier than I expected.  Plus the end result is super cute!  I used this pattern and yarn from the stash.  The best part of this is you need such a small amount of each colour that it is the perfect way to use up all those leftover bits of yarn.

Knit Lattice Frame

The second project I made was a quick knit lattice frame to hold my brooch collection.  It has been a while since I have knit anything since crochet has taken over my life so it was nice to pick up the needles again.  This project has been in my ravelry queue since July 2011 so I am happy that I finally got around to making it.  This lattice pattern is another one that looks harder than it really easy.  The pattern repeat is quite easy once you have done a couple so you can just sit and pump it out while watching tv.  The pattern can be found here.  Oh and this is not my whole brooch collection I just didn't want to hide the entire lattice pattern before I took pictures.

We Go Together Print We Go Together Print

And last but certainly not least is these framed prints that I made to hang over our bed.  I am so over the blank wall above our bed and have had this idea for a while but only just executed it.  The line that I have framed is from my most favourite movie Grease.  The only bad thing about it is every time I look at it I start singing the song.  So the song has been stuck in my head basically for a week straight.  But I am so happy with how these look above our bed that I am willing to sacrifice a little of my sanity!

I have so many more ideas for our little house and I can't wait to see how much the house changes in the next 12 months.  Oh and excuse the dodgy photos.  The weather here has been rather gloomy and rainy.

1 comment:

  1. These look awesome! I especially love the Grease quote and the rad crochet frame. Super adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx