Thursday, March 21, 2013

Finally A Finished Cardigan!!!

If you can't tell by the title of my post I am pretty excited that this cardigan is finally finished!  You see I love to knit but all I seem to knit are hats, scarves, toys and household stuff.  The two times I have attempted to make things for myself to wear I have finished them but they have been far from perfect.  Therefore, I never wore them and they ended up getting frogged or being given away.

Green With Envy Cardigan

I was determined to make myself something I would actually wear.  I did a bit of searching online and finally settled on a simple pattern to start with.  I bought my yarn and then I let it sit in my sewing room for about 6 months.  You know just for fun!  I finally bit the bullet and jumped into this project at the end of January and finally it is finished.

Green With Envy Cardigan

Pattern: Shapely Boyfriend Cardigan by Knitty
Yarn: Moda Vera Snuggle
Needles: 5.5mm & 6.5mm circulars (I had to size up to get guage)
Start/End Date: 30th Jan 2013 - 18th March 2013

Green With Envy Cardigan

I am so happy with how this has turned out and I think I will definitely wear it.  It is so comfortable and warm.  The perfect cardigan for winter!  This cardigan has given me the confidence that I can actually make things for myself to wear.  I have already cast on my next project!  I think the reason I went wrong so many times before was I didn't do a gauge swatch.  For larger projects gauge swatches are so important so I will definitely be making sure I do them from now on.

13 comments:

  1. Love it! The colour and style suit you so well. I'm going to add this pattern to my favourites list. I have a Tea Leaves in my unfinished stash. Must fish that out and get it finished before the cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat, it looks great!! You did a wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so cute! Maybe I'll have to learn to knit before next winter

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great! Love the color too. I've already started two jumpers and had to frog them. I think it's going to be a third time in a few days. I really need to swatch from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never do a gauge swatch, so thanks for that tip... I'd REALLY love to make myself a cardigan one day! YAY for you darling, it is AMAZING! That colour is divine on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, the perfect cardigan! And the colour is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!! I'm SO glad you stuck with it and decided to give knitting yourself a garment another try!! And yes, those blasted gauge swatches really do help in making sure the project you spend hours, weeks, months on actually do fit in the end!

    You did a fantastic job. I think the colour suits you so well and the fit is perfect!! Congrats Kat!! I am so beyond excited for you!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this. What a great pattern! I'm not much of a knitter, but I reckon this one might be within my capabilities! Must make a note of it. It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME! Kat this is all kinds of fab, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks wonderful. Such a lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness, you are very patient and talented. Knitting is something that i am not good at. I used to do it at least 10 years ago when i had time. Lovely cardigan and color choice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. colour + style + talent = amazingly skilled!!!

    looks great on you babe xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pattern has been added to my queue of patterns. I like your choice of colour - exactly what is needed for a winter cardi a bit of cheerful colour!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx