Monday, March 25, 2013

Pinata Cake

Last week I baked a cake for a friend of a friend of mine's mexican birthday party.  The initial text I got requested a mexican birthday cake and said "i'm thinking donkey pinata chilli moustache cactus!"  We settled on pinata after seeing these cookies.

Pinata Cake

I used my white chocolate mudcake recipe as it makes a nice dense cake that works really well for carving and shaping.  First I did a thin crumb coat with vanilla buttercream before piping my colours on in vanilla buttercream with a star tip.

Pinata Cake

I am really happy with how this cake turned out and both my friend and the birthday boy loved it!  And for anyone wanting a good white chocolate mudcake recipe I have shared my go to recipe before here.  Be warned though that this is a very sweet cake so best for those with a sweet tooth.

8 comments:

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx