Tuesday, June 18, 2013

52 Weeks Happy (24/52)

Another Tuesday has rolled around way too fast! Where is this year going?


1 - I bought myself a basil plant at the start of last week.  I have always wanted a herb/vege garden but I suck at gardening.  So far so good with this little plant.  After a week he is still alive. Yay me!

2 - The first recipe made with my new basil plant was this zucchini lasagne that I have been wanting to try for ages.  It was delicious! Even Corey liked it and he isn't a fan of anything carb free. Winning!

3 - Corey ran out of mayo this week but instead of buying some he asked me if I could make me some. Total proud wife moment right there.  Of course I obliged and he is loving his homemade mayo.  Another kitchen win!

4 - Another work colleague asked me to make them a rainbow cake this past weekend.  I can't help but smile when making this cake.  Even if I have to repeat "Roy G Biv" repeatedly to make sure I don't mess up the order of the colours.

5 - Cake is my major weakness in my quest to cut down on carbs & sugar.  This week I tested out this canellini bean brownie recipe and it was the perfect solution to my craving.  They don't taste exactly like brownies but they are pretty good.

6 - I completed the first row of hearts on my latest knitting project.  I was a bit worried that they weren't looking like hearts so I went to twitter and instagram for advice.  Luckily everyone else saw hearts!  I think I was just looking at them for way too long and my eyes were playing tricks on me.

7 & 8 - We had the chance to get out and enjoy the sunshine a few times last week.  The week prior was rainy and miserable so these days sitting in the sun did wonders for everyones moods.

9 - Isn't that the happiest pile of fabric you've ever seen?!  I have pulled out a bunch of fabric scraps to make myself a new picnic blanket.  I have been meaning to do this for quite some time.  After tidying my sewing room I realised how out of control my scraps are getting.  So now a few have been cleared and hopefully I will have a new quilt to share shortly.

So how has your week been? I hope there have been some happy moments for you all!  And don't forget if you are on instagram follow me @petticoatsandpeplums!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx