Thursday, July 18, 2013

Imogen's Ear Warmers

After Imogen's ear infections I decided she needed something to keep her ears warm.  She won't keep hats on but she seems to be okay with headbands (or so I thought).  So I knitted her up a few headbands.

orange bow knit knitted headband ear warmer mustard yellow floral flower knit knitted headband ear warmer


These were the quickest easiest projects I have ever made.  You literally knit a rectangle.  The orange one I cast on 10 stitches and knit in garter stitch until it was big enough to fit her head.  I then knit another garter stitch rectangle for the bow.  After stitching them together I simply wrapped some yarn around the two to give the bow shape.

orange bow knit knitted headband ear warmer mustard yellow floral flower knit knitted headband ear warmer


The mustard yellow one I did a bit different.  Because the orange one was quite stretchy and Imogen kept pulling on it I decided to make this one in stockinette.  I didn't want the edges to roll but so I did three rows of 2x2 rib on each side.  This time I cast on a heap of stitches to what I thought would be big enough to get around her head.  Then I did 3 rows of rib, 6 rows stockinette and another 3 rows rib and cast off.  Simple!  I then attached a flower I made ages with a pattern I can't seem to find at the moment.  Unfortunately, my thinking was wrong and Imogen keeps pulling these off her head too.  Oh well, at least they are cute for the 5 minutes she wears them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx