Friday, August 30, 2013

Imogen's Pancake Party

In my family we have a tradition that when a baby gets their first tooth you have pancakes to celebrate. It comes from my dad's side of the family who are from South Africa.  I must admit it is one of my favourite traditions. Who doesn't love pancakes!  I have literally been waiting for this day since I found out I was pregnant.

Imogen's Pancake Buffet
So Monday of last week Imogen's first tooth broke through.  Needless to say I was pretty excited.  I started planning her pancake party for that weekend.  But being the event loving person that I am I decided we couldn't just have normal pancakes we had to have a pancake buffet.

imogen pancake buffet party slumber sleepover tradition first tooth imogen pancake buffet party slumber sleepover tradition first tooth

So I made crepes, hot cakes and poffertjes with various toppings, sauces & sprinkles.  I don't do things by halves you see.  We also had ice cream tucked away in the freezer.

imogen pancake buffet party slumber sleepover tradition first tooth imogen pancake buffet party slumber sleepover tradition first tooth

We had my family and half of Corey's family here to celebrate with us and it was a fun afternoon.  I think a pancake buffet would be the perfect addition to a slumber party.  I can't wait till Imogen is old enough to do slumber parties.  I will totally be pulling this idea out again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx