Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Vintage Simplicity Blouse

I must admit I am feeling rather productive at the moment!  Two finished sewing makes blogged within a week of each other.  Little do you know that I was working on this blouse for months. It was one of those projects that I would pick up here and there for 5 minutes then move onto to something else.  It was a really simple make though so it was easy to tag team against other projects.

vintage simplicity 4606 blouse mustard yellow floral print peter pan collar vintage simplicity 4606 blouse mustard yellow floral print peter pan collar

The pattern I used for this one is vintage Simplicity 4606.  When I first saw this material in Spotlight it instantly made me think of this pattern so I bought some.  It wasn't till I got home that I realised the fabric pretty much matched view 4 from the pattern envelope.  No wonder this pattern came to mind!

vintage simplicity 4606 blouse mustard yellow floral print peter pan collar vintage simplicity 4606 blouse mustard yellow floral print peter pan collar

So I made view 4 with hardly any modifications.  The only adjustment I made was to take the side seams in a little bit extra.  I wasn't entirely scientific with this but I would guesstimate it was probably an extra 2/8" on each side.  Now while I am happy with how the blouse turned out I'm not sure if I like it on it's own like this.  I think I would prefer it tucked into a skirt of something.  I am thinking my Freddie of Pinewood dungarees or my Sew for Victory suspender skirt would look awesome.

vintage simplicity 4606 blouse mustard yellow floral print peter pan collar vintage simplicity 4606 blouse mustard yellow floral print peter pan collar

I was always told that when buying vintage patterns to buy your exact measurements as they tend to not have as much ease in them as modern day patterns.  However, every time I have made a vintage pattern in my exact measurements I end up taking them in.  I have made a couple of vintage patterns that are a size down from my measurements and they fit perfectly.  So my question is have you had the same experience or is it a case of me not measuring my bust properly?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx