Monday, September 2, 2013

1 Pattern, 7 Bloggers - The Reveal!

The time has come for the big reveal! I must admit I am more than a little excited to see what the other girls have come up with.  So without further ado here is my creation....

1 pattern 7 bloggers challenge peplum top black white piping bulldog piping colette patterns macaron 1 pattern 7 bloggers challenge peplum top black white piping bulldog piping colette patterns macaron

So clearly it isn't your standard macaron dress.  I decided to go with something different and try to make it into a top.  I have been wanting a peplum top for a while so I am pretty stoked with the outcome of this project.

1 pattern 7 bloggers challenge peplum top black white piping bulldog piping colette patterns macaron 1 pattern 7 bloggers challenge peplum top black white piping bulldog piping colette patterns macaron

The fabric was an impulse purchase from Spotlight one day.  I went in for a meter of ribbon and walked out with a couple of meters of this fabric as well.  I mean, come on, who can resist bulldogs! It is a simple printed cotton poplin. The black is some leftover black cotton from my stash.

1 pattern 7 bloggers challenge peplum top black white piping bulldog piping colette patterns macaron 1 pattern 7 bloggers challenge peplum top black white piping bulldog piping colette patterns macaron

To make the peplum I drafted a simple half circle skirt.  Once I had the majority of the bodice made I measured the bottom of the waistband and used this as my measurement to draft my half circle skirt.  Then all I had to do was add it to the bottom of the waistband.

1 pattern 7 bloggers challenge peplum top black white piping bulldog piping colette patterns macaron 1 pattern 7 bloggers challenge peplum top black white piping bulldog piping colette patterns macaron

For a little extra detail I also added some black piping to the waistband.  This was my first time doing piping and I was super nervous.  I pretty much just winged it and thankfully it turned out ok.  The only other addition I made was to add a simple pleat into the top of each sleeve rather than gathering them into the bodice.

Now, the part that you have all been waiting for.......the giveaway winners!  Once again a massive thank you to our sponsors for donating the amazing prizes.
Thanks to the magic of random number generator our lucky winners and their corresponding prizes are:-

Lill - 1 x Macaron Pattern thanks to Colette Patterns 

Josephine - 1 x Macaron Pattern thanks to Guthrie & Ghanie 
MaciNic - 1 x Macaron Pattern thanks to Stitch 56
Elizabeth - 1 x Pattern of your choice thanks to Sew Squirrel
KathleenS - 1 x Colette Pattern of your choice thanks to Indie Stitches 
Joanne - 1 x Colette Pattern of your choice thanks to The Haby Goddess
Amy - 1 x $20 gift voucher thanks to Fabric Worm 
Sew Charleston - 1 x $30 gift voucher thanks to A Fashionable Stitch 

All winners have been contacted via email and your prizes will be on their way to you shortly.  Thank you to everyone who entered and I hope you have enjoyed following our little challenge.  Make sure you duck over to the other girls blogs to see how their finished projects turned out too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx