Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Flower Power

Lately I have found myself drawn to more seventies style silhouettes when browsing through vintage patterns.  I have had this maxi dress pattern (style 1354) in my stash for a while and have been on the search for the right fabric to pair it with.  I was lucky enough to stumble upon the perfect match in The Fabric Store while we were in Melbourne for frocktails.

purple floral seventies 70s 1970s maxi dress summer full length style 1354 the fabric store purple floral seventies 70s 1970s maxi dress summer full length style 1354 the fabric store
I am super duper happy with how this dress turned out! It was really simple to make and came together really quickly.  I didn't have to do any alterations at all which made my life super easy.  Also, when I wore it on the weekend I kept getting told how skinny I looked so that is always a plus.  I am thinking a white broderie anglaise version in a shorter length would be perfect with some tan boots.  Let me just add that to my every growing to sew list shall I?!

purple floral seventies 70s 1970s maxi dress summer full length style 1354 the fabric store purple floral seventies 70s 1970s maxi dress summer full length style 1354 the fabric store
There isn't really much else to say about this dress.  It was a straight forward make and will be perfect for summer.  I would highly recommend this pattern to anyone looking for a flattering maxi dress pattern.  If you like this dress and want to make your own (and you're a bust 32.5") then you are in luck!  I found a copy over here on etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx