Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Scouting Out My Sewjo!

Hello out there.......can anybody hear me? I feel like I have been gone for so long.  My last sewing project was blogged over a month ago.  How did that happen?  Actually I know how that happened.  A month of 1st birthdays, hens parties, kitchen teas and weddings.  October has been manic but come November I was itching to start sewing again.
orange floral grainline studio scout tee orange floral grainline studio scout tee
I decided I needed a few easy projects to get me back into it.  I don't know about you but I find that if I haven't been sewing for a while jumping into a long, detailed project makes my sewjo disappear for even longer.  So the first quick and easy project I decided to try out was the Scout Tee by Grainline Studio.  You can't swing a cat in the blogworld at the moment without hitting a scout tee.  I don't know if it is the fact it is a woven tee, has no darts or only takes an hour to make that has turned it into a crowd favourite.  Whatever it is I am firmly on board!
orange floral grainline studio scout tee orange floral grainline studio scout tee
I used a japanese cotton lawn from Spotlight that has been in my stash for a while.  You may remember it from this little jumpsuit I made Imogen a while ago.  I only had about a metre but I managed to squeeze it out of there.  The bias binding had to be cut in two pieces but in the end it worked out.  I love this shirt so much that I have already sewn up a second version.  Stay tuned for that next week so long as the weather cooperates for some photos.  Now don't walk, run to your sewing room and start making your own scout tees.  They're the next big thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx