Monday, December 16, 2013

Krystal's 30th Birthday Cake

This past weekend was my sister-in-law's 30th birthday party.  A few weeks ago her husband contacted me and asked me to make her a nurse themed cake for the party.  Of course I said yes!  I was a little bit stressed out about it because it is the first cake I have made for her.  Thankfully it turned out pretty well despite the heat I was battling in making it.
thirty 30th birthday mudcake fondant nurse doctor medical needle hat pills tablets bandaid plaster thirty 30th birthday mudcake fondant nurse doctor medical needle hat pills tablets bandaid plaster
The cake is a bit of a hybrid of a few cakes that I found via pinterest.  Originally I was going to make a stethoscope as well but I didn't end up having enough room so I just left it off.  I was pretty stoked with how the syringe turned out!  I think that is my favourite part.  The ecg line was drawn on with edible marker.
thirty 30th birthday mudcake fondant nurse doctor medical needle hat pills tablets bandaid plaster thirty 30th birthday mudcake fondant nurse doctor medical needle hat pills tablets bandaid plaster
I am really happy that they asked me to make this cake! I had a lot of fun making it and it is one cake I was actually semi happy with when it was finished.  Usually with every cake I make I get to the end and hate it.  This one though I was kind of happy with.  I wonder what cakes 2014 will bring?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx