Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Teepee Time!

 Before we get too far into the new year I wanted to share a couple of things that I made for Christmas. First up is Imogen's main present that I made, a teepee!


To say that I am happy with how this turned out would be the understatement of the century.  I have been thinking about making this for a long time so I have built it up in my mind.  Usually when I do that the final outcome is a bit of a letdown.  In this case though I was pleasantly surprised!


The main fabric is a decorator weight fabric from Spotlight.  I used a basic cotton poplin for the pink portion and added some gold rope to tie the posts and as ties on the doors.  I really love this colour scheme.  Pink, black and gold is just perfection!  When we move Imogen into a big bed I want to give her room a makeover using this teepee as a starting point.


Luckily for me Imogen also loved her teepee.  She crawled straight into it and sat inside drinking her bottle.  I think I would called that a gift making success!


The best part of the teepee is that it can be collapsed and packed away when not in use.  Ideally I would like to have it up in her room permanently.  I am thinking of making a pink cushion to go inside and making it into a bit of a reading nook.  One day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx